Product Description & Reviews
As hybrid amps with both tube and solid-state amplifier stages, these amplifiers are the best of both worlds. The tube preamplifier section ensures that harmonics generated by overdriven signals are pleasant and musical, while also ensuring the output stage is never given a purely clipped, DC signal to amplify. This means that the solid-state power amplifier never gets overdriven and is less likely to clip the signal, thereby avoiding the harsh, unmusical non-octave harmonics and ensuring that a pure, speaker-killing DC signal is never produced. And because it cannot clip the tube, you do not need the higher power output levels of pure solid-state amps, which need the extra power headroom to handle musical peaks without clipping. Therefore a 25-watt tube or hybrid amp can sound just as loud or louder than a 50-watt solid-state amp. However, it is important to be aware of some of the disadvantages of a tube or hybrid design. These include the shorter lifespan and fragility of tubes versus transistors, the additional heat generated, and potential audible hum from the larger power transformer, though not audible through the speakers and only when no other sounds are present. When you receive your new hybrid Tube Amp, you’ll want to take the following steps to ensure the best sound experience: - You’ll want to visually check the vacuum tubes before you operate your new amp. - If you notice a white discoloration on any of the vacuum tube, please contact our customer service team. We will trouble shoot and provide replacement vacuum tubes if needed. - You can remove your vacuum tubes from the amp by gently pulling straight so as to not damage the Tube pins or the tube socket. - When inserting a new Vacuum tube you’ll want to take note of the pin orientation and align the large gap on tube with tube socket and push in with a gentle wiggling motion. Please consult your user guide for more information on replacement of vacuum tubes
Features & Highlights
- Life is too short for speakers that don't sound great! Our engineers and audio experts have spent countless hours listening to and comparing various speakers until we were satisfied we had found models that fit our demanding standards.
- Featuring a polished piano black case and a brushed aluminium face, the exposed tubes and lighted VU meter combine to give this amp a sexy appearance that is at once both classic and futuristic.Enjoy your music the way you want! Use the stereo RCA jacks to connect directly to a CD player or use the Bluetooth v4.0 to connect wirelessly with your phone.
- Kindly verify product description given below for troubleshooting
- The addition of the tube preamplifier stage adds back some of the warmth and richness, breathing new life into your digital music, while the aptX audio codec ensures clean and clear Bluetooth streaming.
- Monoprice not only stands behind every product we sell with a 1 year replacement warranty, we offer a 30-day money back guarantee as well! If the product you purchase does not satisfy your needs, send it back for a full refund.
|Color:||Silver & Black|
|Item Weight:||8.2 pounds|
|Item Size:||11.8 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches|
|Package Weight:||10.65 pounds|
|Package Size:||12.01 x 8.5 x 8.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.